Friday, September 19, 2014

Wednesday

Wednesday's are my longest days during the week.
I sometimes think it'd be great if we ate out for dinner on Wednesday's, but there's something relaxing & sweet about our family eating out on a Saturday or Sunday. I end up choosing the weekend over Wednesday  (as mentioned earlier, we eat out one day a week).

 
After the kids were in bed Tuesday evening, I made Breakfast for the next morning. I chose "Puffed Apple Pancake" out of Marilyn Moll's cookbook, "Breakfast for Busy Moms" [The Urban Homemaker http://www.marilynmoll.com/category/homemaking/]
I tweaked the recipe slightly, adding much more apples & cinnamon, so the following recipe reflects my changes.
 
Puffed Apple Pancake (4-6 servings)
1 cup milk
4 large eggs
2 Tbsp honey
1tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour  (fresh ground wheat; I used All-purpose gluten free flour)
4 Tbsp butter, melted
4 apples, peeled and sliced
4 Tbsp brown sugar or Sucanat, optional  (it needs this added sweetness in my opinion)  :)
 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place apple slices in overlapping rows. Bake until apples and butter are bubbling, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whirl all remaining ingredients in the blender except brown sugar. Pour liquid batter over bubbly apples in casserole dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired. Bake for 20 minutes.
 
Ta da!   :)  I let it cool, then covered it and went to bed.
 Early Wednesday morning, as I was getting dressed & ready for Community Bible Study, Richard and the children re-heated their "apple pancake" in the microwave. They loved it!!  By the time I came into the kitchen, breakfast was mostly gone, with a serving or two left for me.  :)
 
I kissed Richard goodbye, made my lunch & water bottle (and made sure the children had made lunches & water bottles), took Antonin to school, and Caleb to his bus stop. They have their school items together the night before, by the way. I encourage them to put most things in the van the night before.
Ashlyn & I arrived on time at Community Bible Study- yippy!
 Since I'm a Yellow Lamb's teacher (3 yr olds), I need to be at CBS by 7:30- 7:45AM to help set up our room. Our Yellow Lamb room is ordinarily a Sunday School classroom, so we're thankful for the extra toys that the host church graciously lets us use! We set-up our class table and activities (& lesson, of course) ....
 
 We also set out name tags for each of our 15 Yellow Lambs, including three sets of twins by the way.
There's a new coloring picture and lesson aim (theme) each week.   :)
We've been tweaking the class schedule these past four weeks, and finally everything is beginning to flow more smoothly.
 I just had to attempt a selfie of me and my co-teacher, Ms. Kim!!   :)
Can you believe that both our husbands are/were I.R.S. Agents?  lol!
Kim's husband worked for the I.R.S. for over 30 years.
 Once our room is set up, we have worship & Bible Study with the rest of the "Leader ladies", beginning at 8AM.
We're back in our Yellow Lamb classroom by 9:45AM, to welcome our sweet three year olds and spend two hours teaching, singing, playing, snack eating ....   :)
[Once I go to my Yellow Lamb's room, Ashlyn also joins her own CBS classroom. She's in Junior CBS this year. Before & after CBS class, Ashlyn is with child care workers, and also works on her homework]
 
Yellow Lamb moms pick up their kiddos at Noon, then Kim & I clean up, put away, and re-organize for the next week.
Then ... we eat our lunches while we listen to the "Teaching Time", that "regular" CBS ladies have already heard that morning.
Ashlyn & I leave CBS at 1PM, and head to Sprouts to shop Double Coupon Day!!!
 
*whew*, we arrive home, and bring in everything from the van, .... and put it all away!
I briefly think I'd like to sit down, but I need to put food in the crockpot for our evening meal.
I didn't have the time this morning.
 
 My choice, is ... Chicken Cacciatore !!
  (from Chrissy Gower's Paleo Slow Cooking http://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Slow-Cooking-Gluten-Recipes/dp/1936608693)
Once all the ingredients are in the crockpot, and cooking temp. set on HIGH, I get snacks and water bottles together. Antonin's Cross Country Meet is at 4PM.
 
 We first pick up Caleb at his bus stop, at 3:45PM, then race to the park for Antonin's Meet [Antonin always rides with his team on a bus- thank God!]
What a beautiful park!!  Now to find Antonin's team ...
 The 7th grade girls run before the boys do, and usually their race has already started by the time we arrive. [sometimes I pick Caleb up from his school- not bus stop- THEN go to the meet. It depends on where it is].
Hi Antonin!  Are you ready to run?
 Ready, set .... GO!
 Yay, yay!!!  Keep running; you can do it!!!
 Haha, Antonin looks a bit tired (photo below).  He was 34th place this time- woohoo!
Richard arrived right as Antonin was lining up for the race, but at least he was able to come.  :)
It's a challenge for Richard to make it to Antonin's Cross Country meets, but grateful he's been at two (out of 5).   :)
We soon return home .... happy, and tired ...
 relived to smell yummy food cooking. Thank God for crock pots, and high cooking settings, too!  :)


No comments: