Monday, September 16, 2013

~Flying~

When I'm busy, time seems to fly quickly by .....
and then sometimes I'm forgetful.   :)
The children brought in a 16 inch zucchini, and I laughed out-loud, realizing that our garden had grown neglected.
I told myself, "It'll be fine ... at least we can find fresh produce at Farmer's Markets."
Not long after my thought, neighbors gave us lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers from their own gardens. I wondered whether they had caught sight of our failed garden and felt sorry for us. Ha! 
I hope we do better with our garden next year.   :)
 
 The boys are adjusting nicely to their new school year, and I'm learning to relax and let go.
True, cases of lost papers, school ID's, lunchboxes, and forgotten homework may arise, but
quite honestly- we're ALL learning the school & home routine together.
Even I have forgotten the routine at times, and (for example) failed to have Antonin's dinner with me, when picking him up from school on a Robotics Tuesday. Robotics lasts until 7pm, which requires him to have a sack dinner.
No matter our age, "practice makes progress"!   :)
 
 Ashlyn made this play-dough bird during our school time.
 
 One Saturday evening, we took the kids kite-flying!!
Woo hoo- what fun!
 The wind was absolutely perfect!!!


 Watching the children keep their kite in the sky for long periods of time, made me think of Eagles flying!

 

Isaiah 40:31 (ESV)

31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
    they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
    they shall walk and not faint.


May we continue to fly through this semester!!   :)  :) 

No comments: