Monday, November 19, 2012

~Hands~

Today I was thinking about hands.
Hands are the first thing babies discover about their little bodies.
Children learn, play and discover with their hands.
Mothers cross streets, holding her children's hands.

I hold my sweetheart's hand, and shake hands with other adults.
When I have a question or need attention, I raise my hand.
Any work accomplished comes from the energy of my hands.
I give to others with my hands.

Just think how hands are so underpaid and underprivileged!!!!!
They do all the dirty work, are taken for granted (overlooked), and when dry and chapped, must continue to do what they're told! Hands are most definitely underpaid!!!!!!!!!!
The last I noticed, however, my hands were not complaining or rebelling. They were simply doing what  my brain told them to do....like, typing this blog post with a good attitude.   :)  :)  :)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if our human wills were wired to do what God told us?
For reasons I'll never fully understand, I go through a wrestling match with God before accepting what He has for me.
"I'm not made for this job- not good at it!", I complain loudly.
"That's not my gift!"
 "I'm too (fill-in-the-blank)"
"I'm a shy, quiet person!"
"I'd rather live in a log cabin somewhere next to a quiet, peaceful mountain stream..."
"I CAN'T DO THIS, GOD!!!"

Well....it's true that I can't do anything in my own strength. 
Every time I pray and tell God that I can't do something, He tells me that I can.  :)
I'm then reminded that He equips His servants....He's the "brain" that tells the "hands" what to do and how to do it. 

I'm thanking God for my hands.... and for His hands that holds (& molds) us!!!  He sees the bigger picture.   :)  :)

~Goodnight~

No comments: