Friday, September 16, 2011

Visitors :)

We had some visitors this week ... all the way from Vanuatu, South Pacific!
Bill and Christine Widup (and four children) stopped by to see us on their way to Indiana from Missouri. They are back in the States for a couple more months before returning for another 4 year term in Vanuatu, teaching/assisting the natives to better care for and educate themselves (i.e. agriculture, nutrition, etc.) .... including eventually reading the Bible for themselves. Here's their website [click here]
How do we know the Widups?
We met about 7 years ago when we lived in Springfield, Missouri, and were both new to the same church- an Evangelical Free church. The Widups were from Indiana (something in common with me), home schooled their children and were in the process of becoming missionaries. Now, seven years later, our family lives in Illinois, and the Widup family will be returning to Vanuatu sometime in November or December.
Yes, I know I talk a lot about time flying by .... and it really does!! This January, we will have lived here in Illinois the same amount of years that we lived in Springfield, Missouri!!  Seven years both places.    :)
So ... we have many "homes" around the States, no one particular place/region "more dear" to us.  I can honestly say that I am unable to choose one place I'd like to live for the rest of my life. I really don't care where I live, as long as I'm with Richard and our children!!    :)
Speaking of Richard & my kids ... I need to get off this blog and make dinner!  lol!  A full weekend and week lie ahead ... will share more next time....   :)

No comments: