Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Praying for Joplin, Missourians

My mind cannot begin to take in the devastation of Joplin (in photos and on the news). I'm sure it's even more heartbreaking in person. Here's a link that will take you to KY3 TV station's  photo gallery. Notice the video (image #35) that someone took while taking shelter in a convenience store. Once the tornado hit, shattering the windows, all the people ran to take cover in a walk-in freezer/cooler (??) ... I cannot imagine holding on for dear life, possibly holding onto your loved ones, wondering whether you'll walk out alive. Obviously these folks in the convenience store survived ... but many others in Joplin did not. My heart is deeply saddened for the many who lost loved ones (the death toll is 116, as of now)~~ May Peace wrap His arms around people's hearts during this tragic, uncertain time. I don't understand why God allows terrible things like this to happen, but I do know that He is in control, holding the world in His hands. I pray that good will come from this- though we cannot see anything at the moment but much pain, heartache and hopelessness.
I'm praying for you, Joplin. God bless~!

p.s. Joplin, Missouri's recent tornado is said to have been the worst one to EVER hit Missouri.

No comments: