Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our last day of CBS

What a wonderful, yet heartbreaking day. Wonderful, because two and three year olds are so fun to play with. Heartbreaking, because it was not only the end of the CBS year, but my last time to teach. In a previous post, I explained why I will not be teaching next year. After the heartbreak of saying goodbye to the little ones today, I actually came home and questioned my husband whether we had made the right decision. Yes, we had made the right decision. Many different seasons come and go in a mother's life, and my present season requires me to focus more on the time-consuming task of educating and raising our children [I'll have a 12 yr old this summer, and WHOA, do we need help!!!  lol!].

I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to teach the little ones during the Community Bible Study this year (CBS website). I've learned much about one's response to God (a willing heart), knowing that He will equip us to complete each task. Each week at CBS, I'd see God fill in gaps- especially unexpected ones.
Filling the gaps had nothing to do with any one's ability, intellect, or skill, and we'd all recognize that God met us there each CBS morning. So ... in the spirit of Joshua (we studied Joshua through Kind David in CBS this year ) ... take that first step. God will step in and complete the task for you, causing you to wonder why the worry in the first place, and what on earth just happened?! [ Joshua 1:9- " Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” NIV]

Though we will not be participating in CBS next year, I am so grateful for the lessons learned this past year! I'll continue being "strong" and "courageous" home schooling my children, doing laundry, and peeling potatoes- doing exactly what God has called me to do. That said, I've learned that God is not a "stuck in a rut" God. He tends to shake things around often so that His people don't get comfortable.     :) 
Hmm .... I wonder what will happen next?

No comments: