Saturday, October 16, 2010

What a week (or two)!!

Wow! These past two weeks have flown by really fast!
Last weekend, we took a quick trip down to Missouri to surprise Richard's parents and wish Dad Sorrell a happy 60th Birthday! Do you think he looks surprised in this photo? We had a very nice time with family, and hope that he had a very happy b'day. :)

On our way home ... I received a phone call from a childhood friend, Lori, whose father used to be our pastor. Lori's family moved away to Virginia when we were ages 12 and 13, and we saw each other off and on throughout our teenage years. Now, we're both married, with children of our own, and attending similar type churches (Reformed). We saw each other for the first time in a long time, approx. two years ago. What a treat for them to come through our area again!! Yay!

Lori, her husband and children, plan to be missionaries. We were blessed to hear their passion for helping and discipling/mentoring the people on the other side of the world. Should you have any interest in missions within SE Asia, let me know, and I'll connect you with Lori's family (they are looking for people to join their team and serve in Asia with them!). Our visit flew by rather quickly, and it was a bittersweet moment seeing them leave our house, knowing it would be the last time to visit for a long while--they leave this winter.

The visit with Lori's sweet family was on Tuesday. The rest of the week was full with our school work and other activities and responsibilities that accumulated rather quickly. I honestly don't know where the time went or how anything got done, but somehow everything important was finished in time! Thank you, God! :) :)

Interestingly enough, right before Lori and her family left our house, she told me that she was still waiting for me to write a book. lol!! :) :)

The very next day, I received a positive email from a magazine publication, requesting I send the article (manuscript) I had previously queried - a whole three months ago!!! I was initially excited, then became very nervous. I'm thinking I'll be rejected once they read the manuscript, but at least I know that I have succeeded with writing query letters!!! :) :)

I had forgotten all about the article ... found it in my documents, edited some more, and am now ready to send it. I'm enjoying this learning experience. Hooray, for my first ever positive response!!! :) :) Now my writing will be scrutinized at and speculated on, while deciding if the article fits their publication. [Ack! lol!! :) :)]

No comments: