Friday, September 24, 2010

Tears -- a good thing :) :)

What would you do if you came upon an individual who was crying? Would you ignore them-giving them space, or would you approach them as originally intended? Would you automatically think something was terribly wrong? Would you take the time to listen to them, or if they didn't want to talk, walk away without thinking less of them?
I just wonder what you would do ...
I noticed several people today on Facebook mention they just wanted to sit down and have a good cry. I need to add myself to that group.
No, nothing horrible happened this week-- everything is perfectly fine. Richard returns home this evening, I successfully lit the gas water heater yesterday without his help (yay!!), we've finished all our school work for this week, and experienced a calm CBS day on Thursday.
So ... what's the problem?
In both CBS and the church we attend, they talk a lot about how God equips those He calls. If He asks you to do something, He's going to provide the means for you to complete the task.
You may remember my apprehension with home schooling all three children, along with the co-teaching at CBS. I had been praying that I would sense God's nearnesss while Richard was gone this week (it really does make a difference in our home school and life in general), and we experienced an inner calm during Richard's absence --even with all the crazy happenings at our house. I sensed a peaceful confirmation that I'm right where I'm supposed to be in my role(s). [yes, I'm aware that life will not always be this peaceful every time Richard's out of town, but I am thankful for this gift :) :) ]

I had memorized Ephesians 2:10 as a young child ["For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works"] .... but years later truly understood what it meant.
God created me with a particular plan in mind to glorify Himself. I'm to keep Christ continually in focus (personal relationship), not measuring myself to man-made standards- being mindful that "good works" in this life have nothing to do with me or anything I can conjure!!! Life is all about Him.

And--by the way--tears, happy or sad, are good for us. God gave us these tears, so don't be ashamed when they fall. Jesus wept, too, and is moved by our prayerful responses to Him [i.e. in Scripture, Jesus wept along with others even though He knew that He was going to raise Lazurus from the dead].

So .... what's your reason for crying?? :)
Mine happen to be happy tears--- along with RELIEF this week is coming to an end.
Now Richard can come home and wonder what's wrong with me. :) LOL! :)

No comments: