Sunday, November 1, 2009

In the spirit of Thanksgiving ...

We took this photo of the kids yesterday before enjoying our sunny fall day together. I'm so thankful to see the sun again! We had been blessed for weeks with an over abundance of rain, which gave us a taste of what it must be like to live in Oregon or Washington. :) :) Now the sun is shining ... yay!

Richard & I were talking about all the things we are thankful for, one of them being the fact that he hasn't had to travel out of state for a very long time. He might not need to for quite awhile! What's ironic, is that I was just getting used to his being gone every so many weeks .... and now he's always home! LOL. :) :) :) If he is required to travel again sometime in the future, I will be much more used to the "ropes" of home life w/o him, or at least I hope so. :)

I am very thankful for our family .... make certain you (reader) enjoy every second of your family moments. Time flies by so quickly! I was looking at some old photos from when we first moved here (January of 2005), realizing that Ashlyn will be turning five this coming December 10th. If I could whistle for emphasis, I would (Whoo, whooo....)!  We often look back and see God's hand in everything that took place during that time in our life and are simply amazed [we moved to IL 6 wks after Ashlyn's c-section birth].

Midst my thankfulness for my family, I pray that God would enable me to treasure each moment and not dwell on the things of life that I cannot change (control freak alert!! lol).

God has given our family a good church to attend, good friends, and a good home .... I am "in want" of nothing. I have much, much, much to be thankful for ... as we all do.
Have a wonderful week, and remember to count your blessings each morning!!! :) :)

"Oh Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever...." (Psalm 107)

No comments: