Sunday, October 18, 2009

Contentment ...



Richard whisked me away to ... Galena, Illinois!! What a wonderful get-away! I feel quite refreshed and rejuvenated. We all need that once in awhile... :) :) :) Richard had thought about taking me to Chicago, but decided midst his surprise planning, that he wanted to take me somewhere more quiet, secluded, and peaceful. Aww... :) :) He's so sweet. :) :) Our twelfth wedding anniversary is coming up in February, and I have often complained (yes, I know...very selfish and bad of me) how there isn't anything to do in February with it being in the dead of winter. Our Galena get-away was an early anniversary gift, and I must say it was a very special gift. I cringe at the thought that I've ever complained about Feb. anniversaries in the past. Thinking back twelve years ago.... soon after our November engagement, we decided we'd like to marry on Valentine's Day since we didn't want a long engagement ... but Richard's brother was singing in someone else' wedding that same day. I suggested May or June instead [my thought was if Valentine's day didn't work, I wanted a spring/summer wedding], and Richard's response was, "What?! Going from February to May or June? I can't wait that long!" :) :) :) lol!! Anyhow, it doesn't matter what day a couple gets married ... there's always going to be something the bride looks back on wanting to change the details. There must have been a reason for our marrying February 21st (week after Valentine's), and I would marry my husband all over again--yes, even in the dead of winter!!! :) :) :) :)

As I mentioned earlier on my blog, selfishness is at the root of discontentment. I am so thankful for God's grace .... His gracious plan to give me a godly husband and sweet family .... even though there have been many "things" and events I would have changed throughout our life together. Knowing God is Sovereign is the most comforting knowledge I have ever known. God does whatever He pleases, and I'm supposed to hang on to His every Word-- and Trust. :) :) :)

I'm in a bind for time right now. Will talk a little more about trip later (adding more to this post, not writing a new one)!

No comments: