Thursday, September 3, 2009

:) :)


Just wanted to share this sweet photo ...

Community Bible Study (a ladies' Bible study w/ classes for kids too) started today, and I can tell that I am REALLY going to like it. A & A seemed to enjoy their own classes and Antonin has "home work" of his own during the week that he's actually happy about. What a wonderful way to teach your children to study God's Word! :) :) We are studying the book of Luke together.

The adjustment of home schooling and sending one child to private school continues, with today probably being the hardest. Caleb is in cub scouts at Zion, and the pack meets right after school. This meant that I did not pick him up at the "regular" time, and did not see him until Richard brought him home after 5 pm. After dinner, our son worked on home work, and then we went over his spelling words and studied for a reading test (both tests are tomorrow). Making a long story short, it was a long day for him. The good news is that Caleb held up very well this evening. I need to practice taking all these little, minute things to God in prayer. He knows about our adjustments and how it hasn't been easy for me. I do wish I had someone to relate to during this experience of living in between two schooling worlds, but I know that God is ultimately the One I need to constantly turn to ...and be content. I did end up signing up for the Mother's club at Zion, though I'm not sure how much I'll be able to help with anything (with being a home schooler too). I figured it was a way for me to get to know the other moms there a little better and to somehow be more involved in my son's school activities.

Well, I hope you all have a pleasant Labor Day! We are taking a trip to SW MO.
Three day weekends are super nice! :) :)

No comments: