Sunday, August 30, 2009

I know I need to laugh more ... LOL! :)

This weekend we had company ... Richard's brother's family from SW Missouri. I was a little surprised to hear that they miss my funny stories! Me? Funny? Hmm ... perhaps I have been taking life a little too seriously these past few months ..LOL! :) :) :)
Oh--I am still working on my article polishing as we speak! :) I'm excited that I'll (Lord willing) send something off tomorrow. As I've mentioned before, I do not have any high hopes, I'm just happy to be on this journey. :) :)
This weekend has been tough for Caleb studying his spelling words, but I know he will be fine if he continues to apply himself. It's so true that children produce what you expect out of them. I must keep a firm outside even though inside I begin thinking "Aahh, this is too much work for a 4th grader!" :) :) He really is doing fine. : )

ok ... this is a very SHORT "funny" story: :) :) :)

When I was as young as 2 years old, my mom took me up to the front of the church with her while she played the organ for both congregational and special singing. For a time, she sat me right beside her on the organ bench and my Gma said I would sing along with her. Mom later moved me to a small sunday school chair beside the organ (the side facing congregation). During special singing when people raised their hands, I thought everyone was waving at me, so I began smiling and waving back at them!! :) :) Mom then moved me to the other side of the organ so that I could not see anyone (this side was close to the platform steps and wall). I remember sitting there stiff as a board when the ministers (visiting or home) would walk by the organ to and from the podium. I would sit really still, hoping they would think I were invisible. Why? Because I was so sure they had seen me playing around during song service when mom didn't see me. lol! lol! lol! :) :) Oh--I think that was the same way dad walked down from the podium too -- he was the song leader. :) :) :) When I was around 4 or 5 years of age, I finally sat in the family pew during song service with my siblings, the way I was supposed to ... :) :) :)

Yes, I know that wasn't a real HA HA HA funny story. Give me some more time to think about it. :) :) :) I did post a funny childhood story on facebook, so if you want to be my facebook friend, add me! :) :) :)

Yes, I take life too seriously ... it's so good to laugh when life happens. :) :) :)

No comments: