Tuesday, August 18, 2009

*whew* ... life is busy! :)


The above photo was taken Saturday at the boys' combined birthday party! We don't always combine their bday's, but did this time since there has been so much "stuff" going on.I was in a mad rush throwing the party together, and wasn't sure that I was going to have the time to make their cake(s). I have always made their cakes and cupcakes since their very first bday and was so glad everything worked out at the last minute. If anything, this has taught me that I can plan last minute events successfully. LOL!! :) :) :) I normally have bday parties all planned out at least two weeks in advance. :) :) :) Anyhow, we now have a ten year old and (almost) eight year old!! I can't believe how quickly time has been rushing past us!

Once the boys' party was over, I re-focused on the last lesson in my writing class. I wanted to get it finished before the school year began for the kids. Not only that, the deadline to finish the class was September 3rd, and I had been trying to finish early (ended up not as early as I had desired, but that's ok).
I finally sent the last lesson to my writing mentor last night! Hooray!! I am SO very relieved to be finished!!
I will be taking a few month's break from school so that Richard can focus on a test he needs to take for work. During this "break-time", I'll be polishing past assignments for possible submissions to editors!! I have enjoyed my first class in 13 years and am looking forward to the next one! :) :) :)

Now that I've sent in my last assignment, I'm focusing on the children's schooling!! Yay! :) :) :) :)
Caleb's 4th grade open house was last night and I can tell it is going to be a great year! His teacher is awesome, and I was encouraged with how he talked freely with her (he's not that way with just anyone). Caleb put away all of his supplies, and found his desk which is in the second row-middle seat (perfect!). The first day of school is Thursday and we are very excited. :) :) :) I know that he is going to do very well, and I wish we had done this sooner. I'm realizing more and more that my oldest has my personality. He's an introvert who responds to being around people. He's been nervous about school and there will a time of adjustments, but he's going to love school--I can tell by his response to last night's open house. Very hard to explain, but at least I understand him. I have nothing to worry about with this school year ... I have a thankful heart to God.

I am now getting Antonin & Ashlyn's school work all figured out for our home school ... we will be using Sonlight (what we used 2 years ago) and Abeka. They are very excited too! I can't get over the fact that my little girl is ready for K4. The last I knew, she was just a baby!!

Something funny: last evening in the private schools' hallway, Antonin's tooth fell out--and he swallowed it!!!

No comments: