Friday, August 7, 2009

I think I have the school jitters --??

I deleted my last post because I did not like the way that I had written it. Sorry for the confusion. Actually, you might not have noticed had I not said anything. :) :) I'm so silly. :) :)
Anyhow, I wanted to share how I have felt a little uneasy with the beginning of this new school year because it will be so different than what I've been used to. I know what it's like to be a home school mom ... I know the other moms within the home school group ... and now everything is changing [drum roll please] ..... we are sending our oldest to a school!!!!!!! Wow! I'm naturally hesitant to embrace change, and this is no exception. How will I find my balance in-between the activities and programs of a private school and our home school (I'm teaching our younger two kiddos)? Which group of moms will I "hang out" with? The hs moms or the private school moms? I'll be teetering between two different schooling worlds, one foot in each, not involving myself too much in either one. That means I probably won't fully be a part of either one. AAhhhhhh. Like I said, I don't like change. Actually, I don't like being on the outside looking in, and I'm afraid that's exactly what will happen in both schooling worlds.
Yes, I have friends at church, but they are mostly home school moms as well .... I will see less of them with not being in the home school cub scouts, for example. We are changing packs so we won't have to keep up with 2 separate packs (one child home schooled, one is not).

I am purposefully facing this new school year with a cheerful heart, knowing that things change, friends change, and life itself changes. It looks like I would already know this by now at 34 years old. lol!! Oh the lessons I continue to learn! :) :) :) :)

The only thing that never changes is God. I know I'm sounding really melodramatic about all of this ... but it's true. I can rest assured that no matter how good or poorly the school year goes (or how I never learn the other mom's names at the private school), I'm still God's child, He still loves me, and I'm still a wife and mom to my family. :) :) :) :)

Ok ...I need to go to bed now. I have been much too melodramatic today. :) Perhaps I have a good excuse ... I've spent the last two days cooped up in the boys' room painting! lol! I didn't realize I was such a social person until I married Richard and he told me so. :) :) :) :) :)
That sounded funny ... basically, I've learned a LOT about myself from being married to Richard. :) Marriage has a way of doing that to you .... : ) :) .... you become better persons together ...
Speaking of marriage, I'm so excited to go to a wedding tomorrow!!! The first one I've been to in about 8 years or so (I'm not kidding. It has been forever)!!! I'm sure I'll be crying ... and we're not even their family! lol! :) :) :) I cry easily ...





No comments: