Monday, July 13, 2009

A few tid bits

My daughter loved her tea party the other week ... we ended up bringing the party indoors since it was SO HOT outside! I had originally planned on everyone sitting outside on a quilt, but with the humidity it was close to 100 degrees! Everything worked out beautifully on the inside of our house instead! :) :) :) The mothers all had a wonderful time too ... we really must get together more often. :)

Well ... we are here in Jacksonville, Florida!! My hubby is busy at work, and me & the kids are keeping busy ourselves
. This morning we spent about 3 1/2 hours on the beach! I can't believe how quickly time went by ... we had a great time! We got too much sun, though. I suppose I need to actually use the beach umbrella I found at big lots. Maybe tomorrow I'll be a little more organized ... :) :) :)
By the way, on our way to Jacksonville, we stopped in Chattanooga, TN and then drove through St. Simons Island in Georgia:

The above photo was taken at the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga! :) :)
While driving through St. Simons Island, we climbed up this lighthouse! All 129 steps! :) :)
I don't like sharing a lot of photos on my blog and will be adding our trip photos to Flickr (eventually). :) :) :)

So ... here we are in Jacksonville, Florida ... our skin burnt ... our brains fried ... and this is only our first day here!!! lol! :) :) 12 more days to go ....

No comments: