Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life

Excuse me while I laugh out loud a moment...LOL!!!!
Thank you. I needed that.
In my last post, I mentioned how excited I was for the children to be in VBS this week so I could have some quiet time to work on more of my school work. If I did not say it in those words, that's really what I meant. :) The morning of day two VBS, my dearest daughter cut her hair badly enough that I knew it was going to need some fixing. I pulled her hair back in a pony tail (what would fit--used clips for the shorter pieces) and got her ready for VBS anyway. On the way to VBS, the boys kept telling me they heard a hissing sound in the back of the van. I was thinking that perhaps something crazy was going on with the A/C, but Caleb insisted it was the tire. I have no idea how he knew this...perhaps he will be my "mechanical/fix-it" child one of these days??
Sure enough...after dropping the children off, I saw that my tire was flat. I was, unfortunately, in denial. I thought to myself that since I had arrived in one piece, perhaps I could get back home in one piece. Two seconds after starting down the road, my senses kicked in, and I realized I could not drive with a flat tire. lol. :) :) In my state of denial/panic, I thought I did not have my cell phone with me (it was there the whole time), and I forgot we had AAA. Because of this, I did not call Richard since I thought I had no cell phone (he would have told me to call AAA), and I decided to try changing the tire myself.
To make a long story short, God was good to me inspite of myself!
A kind lady stopped by to see if I needed anything, and then two men stopped and asked if I needed help changing my tire. Seeing how I could not figure out how to get to the spare tire, I took them up on their offer. The lady was so sweet about staying with me the whole time the men were changing the tire (she was very understanding of the situation). I could have changed the tire...I REALLY could have. Next time I will know how to get that spare tire out from under the van! Actually, if there is a next time, I'll remember that I have a cell phone and that we have AAA. The tire was unrepairable...but the good news is that it was still under warranty. yay!
The point of this story is to simply share how I thought I had great "quiet time" plans in store for the morning, but God had another idea. I don't know why I had such a horrible memory lapse/moment of panic...but I'm hoping it was all for a purpose. lol! :)
The VBS has gone well, by the way, and I have been able to focus on my school work with the kids gone for 3 hours. I only have three more lessons left. I am also putting the finishing touches on my research paper (final draft), and should send it in this weekend--YAY!
I love this class, but research papers are very time-consuming. It's "normal" for this research paper to have had 2 revisions by the way (each one sent in to instructor).
This week has been challenging with Richard gone, but we've survived and I've learned a whole bunch of things in the process (like how to re-light the gas water heater). :) :) :)
Oh...by the way...Ashlyn's hair was "fixed" at a Beauty Salon...and I'm glad it will eventually grow out.
Such is life, and God is good.

No comments: