Sunday, January 18, 2009

random January thoughts :)

We went shopping this afternoon after church [we had a very good church service, by the way] . While in World Market, Antonin looked up at me and said, "Mom? I want to learn how to play the guitar." I have no idea how World Market sparked such inspiration in my son...maybe we need to go there more often. : ) : ) The problem is that I don't know how to play the guitar. Neither does Richard. Hmm... I told Antonin that I'll teach him some notes on the keyboard, and then maybe one of these days.....he can learn the guitar himself (or with help from his Uncle Matt in Missouri?? hint hint hint) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : )
I had attempted to teach both boys piano a year ago, but I wasn't very consistent with the lessons. I'm thinking we should just have someone else teach them! I'll try one last time...and if it doesn't work, I'll be hunting a piano teacher down! :)
Caleb is just like his dad with being analytical[said with a smile]. Tonight, Caleb began analyzing our homemade fruit smoothies: "I'd say this is 60% fruit and 40% maple syrup--you put too much maple syrup in this, dad! "
Ashlyn has all these big stories to tell...and she's my little drama queen. Today when she awoke from her nap, she sighed heavily and said, "I need to get a drink of water!!"...she ran into the kitchen, got a drink, and then sighed heavily again [as if it were the end of the world]. She covered herself with a blanket saying she was cold, and then preceded to tell all about her "dreams", which were actually stories she made up . I really need to write her words down somewhere. : ) : ) : )
That was our day today.....tomorrow I'll be doing laundry...working on family photos...helping the boys with their school work....and figuring how to change some things in the house around. : ) We may clean the carpet in the LR and boys' room tomorrow too....we'll see how the day progresses. I'm trying to decide if I should paint the boys' room again, and to what color. Hmm...................I hope I get inspired soon. :) I still haven't done anything with the little blue bathroom (off kitchen). It's as bare as can be...still waiting for something... .
January is simply not the month for inspiration. It's for organizing and cleaning your house. : )






No comments: