Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Home" in Indiana for Thanksgiving! :)

Well....we left WV 2 days ago, and stayed in the Pittsburgh area to break up the trip a little. It was so frigid outside, we couldn't find anything to do there, and ended up at the Pittsburgh Children's Museum. The kids loved it there!!! I think it was a little over priced, but aren't most places? It was a way for us to have a good time in the midst of frigid winter weather. Yes, I know it technically isn't winter yet...but it sure felt like it in WV and PA!!!!
We are now "home" in South Bend, IN...and it's winter here too. They have 6 inches of snow on the ground!! We just arrived this evening...a little earlier than planned...some of our plans had changed because of the snowy/frigid weather, and partly because we were tired of traveling and spending money. Yes, we get reimbursed for mileage and for Richard's food during the time of traveling to and from WV (his food coverage ended yesterday). So...here we are!
Tomorrow morning, we'll be going to church with my parents and will be able to visit with a childhood friend I haven't seen in awhile!!! Our paths have finally crossed!!! :) :) :) :) She and her husband live in NC and happened to be up here at the same time visiting family too. :) :) What you don't realize is that we've been trying to get together for years.
We'll then visit with my sister's family, meeting some new family members ....it's hard to believe we haven't been in South Bend, Indiana for a whole year!!!
The rest of the week we'll be kept busy with more visiting, Christmas shopping for my side of the family (didn't have room in vehicle to get gifts earlier)....and then of course will celebrate Thanksgiving! :) :) :)
We'll be returning to Belleville, IL [Lord willing] November 28th....and then while we're unpacking and getting our house back in order, Richard will be packing up his things again. He will be leaving Nov. 30th for WV (his last time out there; two wks). We are going to miss him so much...we wish we could go with him again.
One day at a time.....for now, we're going to be enjoying our visit up here in South Bend! :) :)
I'll be sure and share photos on this site whenever we return to Belleville [after getting settled].
I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! Let's be thankful for all God has done for us this past year! :) :) :) :) Oh my! I am so late with writing my Christmas letter this year....I haven't even started it! I hope I can get it out in time for Christmas!!! :)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I hate we didn't get to spend more time together. Revival time is so hectic. Between helping mom out and getting our stuff ready to come back to North Carolina, it left little time. Maybe I'll write you or hey, even call.

We are back safe in NC and getting ready for bed. Love ya