Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Verbs, etc.

I just had to share something!! : ) :)
I was teaching Antonin about "state of being " verbs (am, is, are, was, were...) as taught in the First Language Lessons for the well trained mind. Antonin has also been learning about pronouns and action verbs. While trying to explain that "eating" would be an action verb, I made the comment, "When you decide to eat cookies, they can't just jump in your mouth; you are showing action by eating them! " I then wrote out a simple sentence for him to copy: "Antonin was hungry. He ate a cookie." I knew something was up when I heard Antonin giggling in the living room. He soon brought his paper to me, and it read: "Antonin was hungry. A cookie jupped in mine mowth." :) : ) : ) I don't know if my kids will ever understand grammar, or know how to spell, but at least we're having fun. :) :) :) :)

No comments: