Friday, August 8, 2008

Politics!!!

I have to admit that I am not excited about this year's election. It seems to me as if no one else in the Republican camp is very excited either. :( Also, instead of hearing from the candidates on what they intend to do if they win the election....one of them already thinks he's president and goes traveling all over the world to try and prove...what? I'm not sure. The other candidate keeps attacking the other with all kinds of TV ads, but doesn't give intelligent reasons for Americans to vote for him. Honestly, I would love to see and hear why we should vote for _______ (fill in the blank). Do they think that Americans are too stupid to want to hear the issues? What will they do as President? All I've heard is talk about "change", but they don't elaborate.
Since no one is interested in politics this election year (because the issues aren't being talked about), and he apparently wants to throw some excitement into the election, Mr. Edwards comes forward with his apology concerning his extra-marital affair. I'm not certain what good it is for him to admit this.... the general public already knew it for some time. Why is he giving the message that it's okay to have an affair while your wife is sick with cancer (and lie about it)....as long as you really "love" your wife and not the other woman. I think he missed his calling--he meant to go into acting. I guess that's how all affairs are though... affairs in general make me mad.
Back to the issue of politics [while I get off my soap box]...I am not looking forward to November....I still don't know who in the world to vote for!!! I'm a conservative Republican...maybe I'll just write in my husband's name....I think he'd make a great President!
Richard for President--the change we've all been waiting for!!!



2 comments:

Christi said...

Okay, Richard has my vote too! :)
btw, I really like this family pic of you guys!

pollysoup said...

Oh, I would vote for Richard!