Monday, November 18, 2013

Don't swallow doubt!

My math class is nearly finished!
Only one more test, and then a Final exam.
 
What's surprised me most about this non-traditional schooling experience, is the people who consider math class a waste of time.
I often sense drudgery from the majority of my classmates; they don't want to be there.
 One classmate has shown up late every single time-sometimes an hour late.
I discovered that another classmate has given-up the idea of school altogether.
 She thinks she's bad at math, but she simply doesn't have the "want to".
 I'm discovering how many people (me included) believe lies- "I can't do it", or "Math isn't important for me" lies [or .. insert any other subject in Math's place; applies to all of us].
No area of growth, or opportunity to learn, is unimportant!!
We tend to believe doubts and lies, which drag us down and overtakes God-given dreams and goals. While considering this thought, the following Scripture verse came to mind:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. (Hebrews 12:1)
Doubts and lies are sinful, and weigh a person down. They keep people from pursuing their full, God-given potential.
And ...it took me 30-some years to realize this!!
 I had humiliating math experiences in 1st or 2nd grade- the beginning of future "math anxieties". My childish mind created a "Math Goliath" that I avoided at all costs through the years.

No, I will never be a Mathematician, but I've discovered that the levels of Math is nothing to fear. :).
AND .... one can learn to understand Math's language without having to be a Mathematician. Yay!!! :)
I'm doing well in the math class, and have registered for another. I'm thankful to God for His grace, and gift of perseverance!!
If God can give me strength to persevere and practice hard at Math, He can give you what you're in need of, too!!  [I had never thought it possible ...]
Remember Hebrews 12:1, and don't believe doubts & lies, as they are much too weighty! Don't settle for second-best.
~Trust that God will make your paths straight, as you pray & keep your eyes on Him~




 


No comments: