Monday, October 1, 2012

~Growing Pains~

As a child, I memorized Philippians 1:6, "And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you, will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
Little did I realize that God is never finished growing people- not even adults (no matter how old)!!!

I'm amazed at the ways He's been growing me and my family over the years....and He's not yet finished (*groan* really? lol!). :)

Several blog posts ago, I mentioned how changes and challenges in life are similar to growing pains.
I was adjusting to balancing two school worlds, while our son, Caleb, adjusted to private school's work load. The greatest difficulty was learning how to study for tests, and how to write in-depth answers for short answer/essay questions. Knowing how to study covers a multitude of tests.  :)
Caleb has made improvements this past week or two, and I'm pleased with his hard work!
There's still plenty to learn and more adjustments to make, but we're on week 8, and the path appears a bit more smooth now (I think).  :)

 Caleb recently experienced a big disappointment. He will not finish the cross country season since hurting his leg during a meet 2 weeks ago. He was hopeful to run in the last meet in October, but his physical therapist says he won't run for at least another 2 weeks.  :(  
Yes, another "growing pain".... beyond our control. 

As a mother, I often wish I could go through aches & pains of life for my children. However, if I were to try and stop "life", it would mean my children would grow into selfish, spoiled and whiny individuals- not to mention, inexperienced and immature. Growing up is very hard and painful, but such an important skill that's needed for life!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Yes, Richard is HOME again!!!!   Eleven days of absence was long enough for me, as it honestly takes two parents to run an ideal household. Richard's absence was one of my recent personal "growing pains"; it had been four years since he'd been gone for that long on business. I'm thankful for God's faithfulness, and His blessings of daily grace & peace. I'm not saying there weren't crazy, unruly days, but He was right there with us!!! :)  :) 
I now appreciate military families and single parents all the more!!!}

~Eating out with daddy after welcoming him home~   :)
Ashlyn says that though she doesn't like her daddy being gone for so long, she likes the gifts he brings home to us. The longer the trip, the bigger the gift, she stated matter-of-factly (with a smile).
Oh my goodness!! Looks like I need to cover the topic of greed in our home school!!!

No comments: