Monday, October 31, 2011

~A few Monday thoughts~ :)

I'm back!  :)  Life has been happening lately, and when you add that to home schooling, there isn't much time for hobbies! ;)
Besides our family's typical schedule of home school, extra activities, and marking the next thing off our "to do" list, I've been in the process of learning what it means to be an intentional wife, mother, and friend to others. I may not get things quite right every time, but I'm praying that God works through this little blob of clay.   :)   :)

Here's a photo I took recently of the kids .... they are growing up so quickly! We're only one year away from our oldest becoming a teenager! Children change quickly like the passing seasons ... yes, I become more sentimental the more they grow, and the OLDer I grow! 
This past weekend I experienced a scalene muscle spasm for the first (hopefully last) time, passed out from the pain, then rested an hour before I could get up and walk without much pain or nausea. I'm thankful for my husband, grateful that he was HOME that particular morning. I found out later there was a chance he would have been out of town that morning.
After he arranged for the children to be supervised at their home school co-op (Fridays; God's perfect timing), Richard took me to the doctor for a visit and x-ray, and then allowed me to sleep for the rest of the day. Actually, I've rested all weekend long.
Yes, I have a wonderful, caring husband.   :)
No, I don't know what caused the scalene muscle spasm- most likely was a crazy fluke. The doctor says it's "difficult" to pull such a muscle without strenuous activity. [Hmm ... what on earth have I been doing?!]
What I do know, however, is that God is concerned about every minute detail of people's lives and always covers our nitty gritty needs. I find it interesting how we tend to notice His hand in the details much more prominently when bad things happen. : )  :)
Well, it's a new day at the beginning of a new week ...
Thank you, God, for your faithfulness and love (Psalm 118).   :)   :) 

[yes, I'm feeling better ... time for school!!]

No comments: