Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh my...there's not enough time in a day (or night) to figure out schooling options and plan for a trip to see family (for Grandpa's funeral) and then on to Washington, DC. I guess I need to remember what the right priorities are and stop sorting through the house, putting items in the "goodwill' or "garage sale"pile(s). I have to remember that time is precious and I can clean/sort another time. Our garage really needs some organization now that I think of it....and it's going to bother me as I load up the van for our trip...I'll be staring at all the stuff I should have gotten finished before we left. AAaaaa! Okay...I need to let it go.....I need to breathe in, breathe out......
We visited the library tonight. I think the last time I was in a library that late in the evening was when I was in college! We were meeting with a lady who started a Classical Conversations home school group in this area. We were the only family who showed up, so we had her undivided attention! :) : ) Ashlyn kept us entertained (was distracting), while the boys quietly sat and listened or read books. Actually, Ashlyn was good too. I should give her some credit; she is only 4! :) : ) : ) : )
Long story short: CC is college prep home schooling with accountability (families meet once a week with tutor). I really like many things about it with keeping children (and parents) motivated. I'm still thinking.....
One more private school to visit.....and then maybe I'll have more thoughts to share on this blog concerning the schools/home schooling ideas we've visited.
For now, it's time for me to go to bed so that I can stay focused on packing tomorrow! I can't believe Thursday's almost here already! Going to mom and dad's house won't be the same now though....grandpa is no longer in the house next door to them. It's going to feel really strange not "popping in" to visit with him. Did I already mention that I grew up living next door to my maternal grandparents? My Grandmother passed away 7 yrs. ago. [my paternal grandparents died before I was born...and when I was 12]. How odd to not have any Grandparents alive.


No comments: