Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy February to you....

Our snow has been melting, and we've been taking advantage of what's left of it. I just love sledding with the kids (as long as I'm warm). I really should find some snow pants for myself. I wish that snow skiing was as easy as sledding. We're thinking that maybe the boys and I can learn how to ski next winter. I'd like to learn how to ski this winter. However, it would be nice for all of us to learn together as a family(only Richard knows how to ski), so we will wait one more winter for Antonin to get slightly older so we won't be wasting money on learning to ski--[I think that's the reason??]. Yes, I'm a little disappointed, but sometimes you do things for your kids.....
I think I mentioned earlier in my blog about not having been ' into' Christmas this past year. This weekend I finally did some of my Christmas baking! Around Christmas time I had baked for our neighbors, but it was very rushed and I didn't enjoy the process or even bake anything for my friends at church. I decided to do Christmas baking all over again...this time baking more slowly to enjoy the moments. :) :) Unfortunately, Richard ate one of my creations without asking permission first, so I'll have to bake some more. :) : ) :) I really was upset at him initially.
In case you're wondering, I like baking more than I do cooking. I cook to please my hubby. I bake because I love to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) : ) : ) :) : ) : ) : ) My brother is a much better baker than myself. : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) Last thanksgiving, my brother made a chocolate pecan pie that was out of this world!!! Yes, I have the recipe and he showed me how to make it! :) : )
OK... I need to get off this computer now....have a happy February!! : ) : ) : )

No comments: