Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grandpa passing....and school options....

I know the title to this entry sounds rather odd. My Grandfather in South Bend, IN passed away the other day....and it's taken me awhile to actually write about it on this blog. I grew up next door to my maternal Grandparents, so I knew them quite well. Grandma passed away about 7 years ago, and now it was Grandpa's turn, at age 96. My favorite memory of Grandpa was when he would mow the enormous back yard with his tractor, and would tie the little red wagon to it and give me and my cousins/siblings a ride around the yard. He was always working on some chores outdoors, or fixing vehicles. He was constantly busy with something. Now we are planning our trip to Indiana.....Grandpa's service is going to be on Valentine's Day.
We have also been considering other school options for our children...we'd only be sending our oldest, and would continue to home school the younger two. We visited a private school that's down the road from us and really liked it (of course--I figured we would), but still have more places to visit before we make any decisions. Actually, we aren't making the decision ourselves....we're praying for God's direction. I'm praying for a very clear answer. We'll be visiting something called "Classical Conversations" on Tuesday evening to find out more about what it involves....it's really a home schooling method, but we'll see.....then, right before leaving for Indiana on our trip, we'll visit another private school. It's really hard staying focused on school options when there's been a death in the family, but we'll need to be making a decision soon for any possible enrollment for the next school year.
OK....I need to figure out what I need to be doing in order to be ready for our trip. I hope you have a great week....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you this week ,SAra! God is working.. bless you - I feel for you having so much on your plate at one time right now!Love ya, Stephanie