Friday, October 3, 2008

A few more random thoughts

Good Morning!
I awoke this morning with Ashlyn bringing me "presents". She writes little notes on paper (scribbles), wraps them inside small blankets, then brings them to me requesting that I open my present. :) :) I'm getting a little tired of this....I have so much to do this morning (besides opening "gifts"). :)
So...why am I on the computer if I have so much to do? I know....that's a good question! I just had to check my email again! Guess what?! I've heard back from the Historical Society folks out in West Virginia, and they sent me some interesting info. I have gotten the goose bumps reading actual accounts that mention the Civil War regiment that my great-great grandpa would have been in. He died on December 13, 1861 during the battle that took place at "Camp Allegheny"; he was on the Union side. Anyhow, not intending to bore you with details, we have decided to check this Allegheny area out while we are in West Virginia in November. I am so thrilled....there's an actual "History trail" we will be able to follow all the way to the Allegheny site. Like I said, I'm getting the goose bumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish that all of my Dad's family could come with us! I'm trying to figure out where Thomas Bogue (my great-great grandpa) would have been buried. Family fable claims he was buried at Gettysburg, but there's a two year gap between the Allegheny battle and Gettysburg. Hmm....I have only a month to get this figured out. Wish me luck!
I really need to go.....lots to do today....and need to get all the winter blankets and clothes out of storage!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) : ) : )
Still opening a little girls gifts,
Sara
p.s. Did you see the VP debate last night? I love Sarah Palin!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: