Thursday, September 20, 2012

All is Well.... :)


Early Monday, Richard left for Dallas, Texas for job related training. I'm thankful we're surviving without him. Only 8 more days to go!!!    :)  :) 
I captured the moment we dropped him off at the MetroLink , making his way to the St Louis Airport. Unfortunately, it was raining....and judging by the look on Richard's face, he must have wondered what on earth I was doing hanging out of our van's window with a camera.  :)  :) 
 ~hurrying to get out of the rain~

Purchasing his ticket (below photo)~ we loudly yelled, "Goodbye, Richard (or daddy)!  We'll miss you!!!!!"
I was on my way to drop Caleb off at school, so we didn't stay to watch Richard board the train.

I've been very busy....so though I miss Richard terribly, the days seem to be going pretty fast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
During last week's cross country meet, Caleb injured himself. He somehow turned his foot while coming down on it (?)...and injured/strained a tenon or two in his left leg.   :(   I'm very grateful this happened at the end of the race and not the beginning! 
We've waited for the tendons to heal, but we've found it's a very slow process. After talking with Caleb's coaches on Tuesday, I decided to take him to the Doctor.  The Doctor then referred us to a physical therapist and told Caleb that he could not run for one week. 
Early this morning (7am- so Caleb wouldn't be late for school), we took him to see a physical therapist. I hoped deep within my heart that physical therapy wouldn't be needed, and we'd be turned away at the receptionist's window. "You're just fine- why are you here?", they'd ask us with a polite smile.  
 Not a chance! Two more appointments next week, plenty of pt exercises at home, and lots of bicycle riding throughout our neighborhood to keep up his cross country endurance. Caleb has a good goal to work towards.
The last cross country meet is October 9th, and he's hoping to run (though slowly....).
side note: I went to the same physical therapy location for my neck, following my scalene muscle spasm last year. The workers there recognize and remember me....it appears we're making pt a family tradition!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also took Antonin & Ashlyn on a field trip to Eckert's Orchard in Millstadt!   :)   What fun!! We went early in the morning and had  a great, fun day before picking Caleb up from school and taking him to the Doctor.
 On our way to pick Apples~!

 Mmm...apples, apples, apples~ the possibilities are endless (pie, apple butter, applesauce)

Antonin thought the corn maze was too easy.   :)

Preparing for our second week without Richard, hopeful that the days continue to go by quickly!   :)
Also very proud of my husband, and thankful he was selected for this job training opportunity.
I cannot WAIT to hear all his stories!

No comments: