Friday, September 19, 2008

Another day...

Today is Richard's actual birthday, but he's been gone this week.....his job sent him to West Virginia! So, last weekend, he and myself went on a bike ride together to celebrate his birthday--early. We thoroughly enjoyed the bike ride!!! Here is a photo of Mr. Richard himself. : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) We miss him very much, and can't wait to see him in 7 more days!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!




Our home school group has something called "Lyceum", which is kind of like a co-op for home schoolers. The classes are every Friday for 10 weeks (each semester). The boys are enjoying their weather class and handbell choir. This is my first time to volunteer and Ashlyn's very first time to take a class! First hour, she volunteers with me...monitoring a hallway (we read books and color together). Second hour, she's in her "Fun with letters" class, and I'm one of the class "helpers". : ) : ) : ) Life is so much more fun now that she's past the toddler stage! No more running after her down hallways while trying to help the boys get to where they need to go. The boys can now change classes by themselves, and I can have fun with Ashlyn. :) :) :) We go home after eating lunch with our friends, secretly wishing Lyceum was " school". : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) I could do that every day, I really could! : ) : ) : : ) : ) : ) I'm thankful for the people who volunteer to make Lyceum happen, and hope that someday there will be a Christian school near us (preferably Classical) where I can send the kids....when they get to be about 5th grade or so............I know others have home schooled through high school, but I don't see our family doing that. A miracle would have to happen for us to do such a thing. A bolt of lightening would need to come down from Heaven or something! ha ha! Anyhow, enjoy the following photos:

Ashlyn coloring during our monitoring time

Ashlyn enjoying "Fun with letters" with Mrs. Kohring :) :)



No comments: