Monday, August 22, 2011

A thankful tid bit

I cannot believe that it's only been ONE week since we went camping as a family. So much has happened since then!!
After packing our things up at the campground last week, Richard turned the key in the ignition, and there was nothing but clicking sounds. We looked at each other and wondered what was amiss and what we should do. Thankfully, we had a nearby camper neighbor who readily agreed to help us. Not sure it was the battery, the neighbor and Richard went ahead and jumped it with cables. Sure enough- our van sputtered to life and we were on our way home. I was so grateful there was someone to help us in the middle of the state park (no bars for cell phones)!!
Soon after arriving home from our trip, I realized we had over-due books from the library, owing a substantial amount. I was prepared to pay the balance, money in hand, but the librarian (for whatever reason) asked if I would just pay $5 and the rest would be canceled. Wow!!
After thanking the librarian, I realized I had just experienced another little reminder of God's grace and what He does for us. Of course, we come before God with NOTHING to offer. He cancels out what we owe, and blesses our lives instead of demanding anything from us (why wouldn't we want to please/live for Him afterwards?).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week is very full of activity!! Tomorrow, I have the privilege to care for a friend's children while she goes to some appointments. Our children are similar ages  (their daughter is 4 yrs younger than ours, but she & Ashlyn still enjoy playing together) ... we're looking forward to it!!!   :)  :) 
Two more things ... my parents are coming for a visit on Wednesday, and it will be nice having them! They'll leave us on Saturday morning ... and then we'll celebrate Antonin's 10th birthday with a party (not that we won't celebrate with gma & gpa--that didn't sound right. lol!). Caleb turned 12 just two weeks ago ... I'll need to add b'day pictures soon.
Last but not least ... we have begun our seventh year of home school (though we are taking a break for gparent's visit)!!  I now have a 6th grader, 4th grader, and 1st grader~! One would think I would be an expert by now. I know that God will strengthen me moment by moment, day by day~ or at least I expect that to happen ....

More tidbits to come later .... I really should grab some shut eye.
Goodnight~ and remember all the little things in life that God blesses us with (especially ones most easily overlooked and taken for granted)... and tell Him "thank you"  :)   :)

No comments: