Friday, March 12, 2010

Rest for the weary...

[the above photo was taken @ gma & gpa Shelley's house about a year ago]
I nearly laughed out loud this evening @ our family's tiredness. :) :) My husband was very tired after coming home from work, and fell asleep in the recliner after eating dinner. Caleb soon complained about being tired and went to bed early. Antonin & Ashlyn played around me while I strained to keep my eyelids open and read a book. lol!! :) :) Mothers always fight to stay awake--why is that? :) :)[btw, looking back, I should have put the younger two to bed early too...] My husband and I work equally hard, though in different ways...he works all day at the office, dealing with a variety of people (sometimes difficult ones), and puts much time and energy into his cases with crunching numbers. I am at home all day long and stay on my tip toes with the children, home school, errands, housekeeping, and many other "small" tasks that accumulate into a mountain. :) We need servants and nannies to help us get it all done!! lol!! :) :) :)

Our tired evening made me think about how hard work is simply a part of life and entered the world when Adam & Eve sinned. The great news, is that God doesn't leave us in our weariness! :) :) :) Well....this can be taken both physically and/or spiritually....but I wanted to share the verse that freshened my mind and enabled me to clean up the kitchen (I initially felt too tired). :) :) Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

It never fails....when I take that one step toward God in prayer (or in getting off the couch and away from state of sleepiness), I'm given a wind of energy to finish what I need to. I also receive the spiritual help I need when I turn toward Him in prayer-- instead of figuring out solutions on my own, for example . You see...Jesus is the One who carries the majority of weight from the yoke ... I must take the first step in faith, believing what He says is true. I'm never disappointed. :) :) :)
I'm only hoping this made sense, since I am still a bit tired. lol! :) :) Goodnight !

No comments: