Saturday, June 20, 2009

Precious moments

Out of the blue this evening, my daughter (with a serious face) said, "Mommy, it's not going to work for us to be best friends forever." I said something like, "Oh yes it will! I'll always be your mom, and you'll always be my daughter!"Ashlyn thought about what I said, and shook her head, "No mommy [insert sigh]....Caleb says that lightening can break apart things as tough as metal, so you might get hit by lightening one of these days and get killed...no, we won't be able to be friends forever."Attempting to keep my smile hidden (oh it was hard!), I explained that if I died, I would go to Heaven, and then she would come to Heaven someday too, etc., etc.....and that we WILL always be mom and daughter forever (even if we'd have to be apart for a time on earth). Her little face beamed while she jumped up and down excitedly, "Oh that's great, Mommy!" :) :) :) Oh yes...we also talked about God protecting us during storms and not having anything to fear. :) :) While putting Ashlyn to bed, she exclaimed, "I'm so glad that God gave me to you-- and you to me-- so that we could be friends forever." My heart totally melted right then and there.

I need to go now...Goodnight... :)

1 comment:

Christi said...

That is SO sweet!!