- Cut open a pie pumpkin--this is the hardest part, I promise!
- Scoop out the seeds, but don't worry about removing all the stringy stuff
- place both pumpkin halves cut side down in a baking dish that has a little bit of water (not much--maybe 1 cup? I'd have to show you).
- Bake at 200 degrees for a little while (sorry, can't remember how long).
- The pumpkin shell will now be soft enough to cut off. Cut pumpkin shell off of pumpkin with sharp knife.
- On cutting board, cut pumpkin into medium size pieces, and boil in a pot of water until tender (but not mushy).
- Drain pumpkin pieces
- Place pumpkin pieces in blender, blend until smooth
Measure out 1 1/2 cups for one pumpkin pie!!!! If you need a recipe, let me know! Generally, one pie pumpkin produces two pumpkin pies. You can also freeze the 1 1/2 cup of pumpkin for a later time. Presently, my freezer in the garage is holding several freezer bags of pumpkin! I'm not sure if I should put up more pumpkin or not, or if I should cut this out of my stressful week .....we love pumpkin pie!
: ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : : ) : ) : )